[Amavisd-new-debian-devel] Closing but reports #530745 and #599514

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Sat Jul 30 01:42:28 UTC 2011

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011, Harald Jenny wrote:
> both mentioned bugs were fixed in version 2.6.2 of amavisd-new which is present
> in Debian stable, for oldstable a backport is available, so is it ok to close
> these bugs as fixed?

As long as a version is provided, so that the BTS versioning can handle
it (do remember that the full version string needs to be used, and that
DOES include epochs, so you have to include the epoch "1:" for
amavisd-new), it is always ok to close a bug.

If you're not going to provide a version, closing a bug still active on
stable is definately not ok.  Oldstable is less of a problem (so I'm not
going to complain about it), but can still mislead some users into not
being able to find a problem in their oldstable installs.

For example:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/version.cgi?info=1;absolute=0;fixed=2.6.2-1;collapse=1;found=2.6.1.dfsg-1;package=amavisd-new

that bug is not fixed in oldstable, so it would be best to reopen it,
mark it notfound on amavisd-new/1:2.6.4-3, and found on
amavisd-new/1:2.6.1.dfsg-1.  Otherwise, users won't even easily _find_
it after it gets archived so they won't even know about the
workaround...

  Henrique Holschuh