[Amavisd-new-debian-devel] maintainership of amavisd-milter

Harald Jenny harald at a-little-linux-box.at
Mon Jul 21 09:25:47 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 07:36:46AM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2014, Harald Jenny wrote:
>
> > Hello list members,
> >
> > as I do not use it anymore and one of the main dependencies, sendmail,
> > is orphaned, I plan to step down from my amavisd-milter maintainance. Is
> > somebody on this list interested to take it over or should I orphan
> > it/ask for removal from the archive?

Hi Alex

> You can use the milter without problems on postfix

That is true (I did it myself) - the real "problem" is not the usage
pattern but the build-dependency on libmilter-dev and the runtime
dependency on libmilter (currently libmilter1.0.1) which are both built
from the sendmail source package which seems currently unmaintainend...

> - and I know a bunch of
> people doing this.

Ok popcon gave me the impression that there is a very small userbase...

> So I would object on removing the package.

Ok

> If all things
> fail I would maintain it.

Well I personally do not use it anymore as the pre-queue content filter
setup is IMHO equally powerfull and due to
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=618862 I also won't
run systemd in the near future which may further impede my ability to
deal with bugreports properly - but as there seems to be an considerable
userbase I will at least package the new upstream version and try to
close the open bug before freeze.

> Alex

Thanks for your input!

Kind regards