[Android-tools-devel] Android Gradle Plugin

Markus Koschany apo at debian.org
Mon Feb 8 14:19:48 UTC 2016

Am 08.02.2016 um 14:32 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:

> Markus Koschany:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am currently in the process of packaging the Android Gradle Plugin
>> plus related tools and the apktool package. Here is a short overview
>> about the progress.
>>
>> I work with the following upstream repository:
>>
>> https://android.googlesource.com/platform/tools/base
>>
>> In addition I also use upstream's Gradle build system. The build files
>> are located under tools which is not a git repository. I had to clone
>> the complete Android sources with their repo tool. If someone knows a
>> better way to obtain build.gradle and settings.gradle for this project,
>> please let me know.
>
> Great to see progress!  Which git repo do those files end up in after
> you check out with repo?

They are not in a git repo, that's the funny part. They are in tools,
just one directory level higher up. But thanks to Kai-Chung I have found
them in another repo now:

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/tools/buildSrc

> There might need to be some kind of
> 'android-sdk-gradle-helper' package that just puts the build.gradle into
> /usr/share/... for the other packages to find.

I think I will either follow seamlik's suggestion to package buildSrc or
I merge the two files into src:android-platform-tools-base.

>> The following new build dependencies had to be packaged:
>>
>> * intellij-annotations
>>   https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/intellij-annotations.git
>>
>> * android-tools-common
>>   http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.android.tools/common/24.2.3
>>
>> * android-tools-annotations
>>   http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.android.tools/annotations/24.2.3
>
> These probably should be built as part of another source package.  Do
> you know which git repo those are built from?

Unfortunately I'm not sure yet. It may well be that
android-tools-annotations is built from tools/base.git, so it's a
circular dependency. I don't mind creating two different source packages
for android-tools-common and android-tools-annotations if this helps to
avoid such a mess.

[...]

Markus