[Android-tools-devel] Apktool

Markus Koschany apo at debian.org
Mon Feb 15 12:33:23 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have packaged Apktool and its related build-dependencies.

I had to package the gradle-jflex-plugin [1] and installed maven
artifacts into src:jflex. Usually apktool bundles all its dependencies
in apktool.jar as one big fatJar. For Debian I decided to install single
artifacts into /usr/share/apktool and put them all on the classpath.
This appears to be working now but I would appreciate if someone did a
few more tests before I'm going to upload the package. Please grant me
write access to android-tools, so that I can push the changes.

Apktool has one licensing issue because
com.mindprod.ledatastream.LEDataInputStream has a usage restriction
(non-military) and thus is non-free. I don't expect a short term
solution for that from upstream hence I repacked the tarball and patched
the affected sources.

Regards,

Markus

[1] https://github.com/thomaslee/gradle-jflex-plugin