[Android-tools-devel] Apktool

Markus Koschany apo at debian.org
Mon Feb 15 22:11:36 UTC 2016

Am 15.02.2016 um 17:04 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:

> Markus Koschany:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have packaged Apktool and its related build-dependencies.
>>
>> I had to package the gradle-jflex-plugin [1] and installed maven
>> artifacts into src:jflex. Usually apktool bundles all its dependencies
>> in apktool.jar as one big fatJar. For Debian I decided to install single
>> artifacts into /usr/share/apktool and put them all on the classpath.
>> This appears to be working now but I would appreciate if someone did a
>> few more tests before I'm going to upload the package. Please grant me
>> write access to android-tools, so that I can push the changes.
>
> I believe that you need to join the android-tools team to get git push
> access.  I added you, I don't know if you need to accept that invite or not.

I haven't got any invitation yet and I guess it shouldn't be necessary.
Now I get the following error message:

remote: error: insufficient permission for adding an object to
repository database ./objects
remote: fatal: failed to write object

Perhaps some manual changes for user/group ownership might be required here?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6448242/git-push-error-insufficient-permission-for-adding-an-object-to-repository-datab

>> Apktool has one licensing issue because
>> com.mindprod.ledatastream.LEDataInputStream has a usage restriction
>> (non-military) and thus is non-free. I don't expect a short term
>> solution for that from upstream hence I repacked the tarball and patched
>> the affected sources.
>
> Yeah, I remember discussing this with someone, perhaps you.  If it works
> without that class, that's great.  Otherwise, there are free
> replacements.  Let me know if we should handle that in the package, or
> with upstream, or both.

This is clearly an upstream bug. I intend to file a bug report for
apktool. They should either replace the non-free class with a free one
or find another solution. Is the free replacement a real drop-in
replacement? Then I could try to use this class. Otherwise I have to
disable the functionality for now.

Markus