[Android-tools-devel] lombok-ast and Lint

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Mar 15 21:46:50 UTC 2016

Markus Koschany:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just pushed a working lombok-ast package to Git. [1]
> I tried everything but I couldn't avoid to include the generated
> sources, which are normally processed by templateProcessor.jar at build
> time, and a seven year old copy of parboiled plus some OpenJDK 6
> classes. Otherwise the package won't compile with OpenJDK 8.

Congrats! Thanks for seeing it through to the end!

> I intend to upload the package tomorrow. This should enable us to build
> the Lint module in android-platform-tools-base. I will keep all jar
> files under /usr/share/android-platform-tools-base for now, but I think
> it makes sense to move them to /usr/share/java later. Before that we
> should prefix all jars with com.android to avoid naming conflicts since
> some of the jars are pretty generic.

It might make sense to keep the really Android-specific jars hidden away
like we do with the .so libraries from the C side of things.  Lots of
them are really only meant to be libraries internal to the project, and
not really meant for other projects to use.

> Apktool is still broken and I haven't heard anything from upstream yet.

Yeah, nothing yet.  I might have to do it myself...

.hc