[Android-tools-devel] lombok-ast and Lint

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Mar 21 08:46:12 UTC 2016

Markus Koschany:
> Am 15.03.2016 um 22:46 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:
> [...]
>> It might make sense to keep the really Android-specific jars hidden away
>> like we do with the .so libraries from the C side of things.  Lots of
>> them are really only meant to be libraries internal to the project, and
>> not really meant for other projects to use.
>
> Do we have any packages to test android-platform-tools-base?

jack.jar and/or jill.jar are used in the Android APK build process.  I
think seamlik knows more about the build process than me.  Otherwise,
those jars will be mostly used by Android Studio.  I forget, is the
gradle Android plugin one of those jars? Or is that a separate package?
 If so, then we could test building Android APKs from the command line.

>>> Apktool is still broken and I haven't heard anything from upstream yet.
>>
>> Yeah, nothing yet.  I might have to do it myself...
>
> I haven't given up yet but since we don't have a real drop-in
> replacement I need to become more familiar with Apktool first.

I think the guava class is the way to go, since that project already
uses guava.  Its just a matter of changing apktool's logic there to
build upon the guava class.

.hc