[Android-tools-devel] arm64 & armhf builds?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Mar 28 16:47:28 UTC 2016

We are only talking about official packages. I think some of the
confusion stems from there being an "android-tools" team which manages
many packages and an "android-tools" source package, which is the old
deprecated approach for building adb, fastboot, and fsutils.

I didn't realize that the android-tools source package was ported to all
the other arches. We haven't updated the android-tools source package,
we have created a whole new set of source packages that are much closer
to upstream than the android-tools package. Those new source packages
are what would have to be ported.

On amd64 and i386, the new team source packages have completely replaced
the original android-tools source package. What we can do for the other
arches is just keep the android-tools source package as it is. We have
no plans to update or maintain it though, so it would be orphaned.

here are all the team packages:
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=android-tools-devel%40lists.alioth.debian.org

.hc

Neil Williams: