[Android-tools-devel] Android ADB 6.0.1 in Debian 8

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jun 1 07:58:34 UTC 2016

Hey Anant,

(cc'ing the Debian android-tools list)

This sounds very interesting, glad to see work built upon ours :)

The Debian 8/jessie version is out of date.  Your easiest path to a more
current package for jessie would be to do a backport of the
'android-tools' source package, version 5.1.1.  You can get that from
git and build it using git-buildpackage (apt-get install git-buildpackage):

gbp clone https://anonscm.debian.org/git/android-tools/android-tools.git

For stretch/9, we've entirely restructured the Android SDK packages, and
added a whole lot more, as well as packaging things like apktool.  The
restructuring should make it a lot easier to keep the packages current.
 But they would not be easy to backport to Jessie/8.

If someone is willing to do the packaging work, I think we could
convince the Debian powers that be to accept a newer version of
android-tools-adb into Jessie since the current one is broken for recent
Android versions.

.hc

Anant Shrivastava: