[Android-tools-devel] Documenting the android build process for tools relevant to us.

Chirayu Desai chirayudesai1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 09:47:53 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

This is to serve as a recap of the discussion had on IRC
(#debian-mobile) on June 2.
One of the major things discussed was the build process of
android.jar, we looked at how it is built in the android tree. I feel
like that could be documented in a place, so I created a wiki page
[1].
It is currently sparse on details, I made it quickly to give a brief
idea of what I thought could be put on that page.

We can avoid confusion by documenting how something we build in debian
is built in android land, given android has a vast build system and
the sdk tools are spread over multiple repositories, which doesn't
make it the easiest to study it.

Hope this helps, and I'll definitely add more to this from the IRC
log, and my understanding.
Others can add to it as well, so we could have a place to look at
before starting to port a component to Debian.

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/AndroidTools/Build

Regards,
Chirayu Desai