[Android-tools-devel] GSoC 2016 Week 2-3: Android SDK Tools in Debian

殷啟聰 seamlikok at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 09:56:17 UTC 2016

Because during the last two weeks I have been dealing with lots of
homework and quizzes, not much time was spent on GOSC work, so I put
these two weeks together.

The major work done in the past two weeks is still "android.jar", the
Android platform framework API stubs. After discussing with the
"android.jar", Chirayu Desai suggested that the source files of
"android.jar" should be generated by Google's Javadoc generator
Doclava[1] based on the original source files. These generated source
files only contains class definitions without any implementation,
a.k.a API stubs. In order to use Doclava, we also need to reintroduce
jsilver which was recently removed from Debian[2]. This two packages
can be found at [3] and [4].

At the end I successfully built an "android.jar", which was found to
be needing not any compile dependencies. Therefore the need of
packaging BoringSSL, conscrypt and OkHttp has gone. However, after I
do a diff between the upstream "android.jar" and the built one, I
found that building "android.jar" also needs source files from other
two AOSP repositories ([5], [6]), which makes me consider reimporting
a big source tarball combined with these all repositories.

Other task I have done are shown below:

  * Uploading android-platform-build/1:6.0.16-3 [7]
    - Due to my carelessness this packages FTBFS.
  * Uploading android-platform-external-libselinux/6.0.1+r16-2 [8]
  * Uploading android-platform-external-libunwind/6.0.1+r16-3 [9]

Next week I will fix these FTBFS caused by the recent uploads. I will
also keep up with the emails and discuss about whether to combine
multiple sources as one single src:android-platform-frameworks-base.

The following is my previous reports:

  * Week 1: <https://lists.debian.org/debian-outreach/2016/05/msg00009.html>

[1]: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/doclava
[2]: https://tracker.debian.org/news/700249