[Android-tools-devel] Regarding android-platform-tools-base

Markus Koschany apo at debian.org
Tue Jun 28 09:38:12 UTC 2016

On 28.06.2016 11:23, Chirayu Desai wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Markus Koschany <apo at debian.org> wrote:
>> On 27.06.2016 19:08, Chirayu Desai wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to build an android app using the package
>>> android-platform-tools-base for the android libraries (jars), instead of
>>> downloading them from maven central or bintray.
>>>
>>> The app I'm building is at [1], and apart from that I have done a simple
>>> 'cp /etc/maven/settings-debian.xml .m2/settings.xml' to use
>>> /usr/share/maven-repo as the local maven repo.
>>
>> Ok, to get to the root of this issue, I suggest to do it the Debian way
>> and create a simple package for your example application. We never use
>> Maven in this way to build a package and this might simply hide something.
> I can try that later (exam tomorrow, debconf after that)
> Would there be any other preferred way to build an existing android
> app in Debian?

We are breaking new ground here. There is no perfect solution but I made
this suggestions, so that we can more easily find out what is going
wrong right now. It has most likely something to do with that the build
system can't find the relevant classes to build your example app because
it is looking in the wrong place (flatDir points to the wrong
directory). Your build.gradle file points to
/usr/share/android-platform-tools-base but the "common"-class should be
in /usr/share/java.