[Android-tools-devel] Google Android NDK Installer Package

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Jun 30 12:10:20 UTC 2016

Hans-Christoph Steiner:

> Mouaad Aallam:
>>>
>>> And another idea for improvement would be to make `wget` run as the
>>> 'nobody' user, so that would mean something like:
>>>
>>>    install -d -m0700 --owner nobody $(DL_DIR)
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>>    su nobody -s /bin/sh -c "wget --continue $(PKG_SOURCE_URL)"
>>>

>> changing this not that simple after all, the debian/install (i think)
>> creates the folder (to copy makefile and sha1) as root, before the postrm
>> script (obviously), i will look for a way to tweak this
>>

> (keeping the list in CC)
>
> That install command, when run as root, should set the permissions properly.
>
> .hc

I just saw one other thing we missed before: the NDK zip uncompresses to
android-ndk-r12.  I think just adding a symlink would be best.  You can
do that by adding a debian/links file with this for contents:

  usr/lib/android-ndk-r12 usr/lib/android-ndk

(maybe double check whether I got the order correct)

.hc