[Android-tools-devel] google-android-platform-* packages WAS: android-platform-libcore/6.0.1+r16-1

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Jul 11 14:35:42 UTC 2016

Mouaad Aallam:

>> Its definitely clear that building the android.jar is quite complicated.
>>  I think its a good idea to make a package for each platform binary from
>> Google and use that for now.  Mouaad already has the template for that
>> kind of package quite polished, so we can just use those and it should
>> not be a lot of work to make the 24 platforms packages.
>>

> I think it's even possible to handle the 24 platforms in a single package,
> by using debconf with multiselect menu !

That's an interesting idea. The tricky part is that there should be a
way to do it in a script, without a human doing it.  I suppose it could
put up a debconf multiple choice menu where the user can check which
ones they want to install.  But once its installed, how would they add
more platform versions?

>> Here are some open questions:
>>
>> * we should handle mirror selection in a global way for all
>> google-android-* packages. I guess we could just have
>> /etc/default/google-android-installers as the file where that preference
>> is stored
>

> I suggested this before, we are having a growing number of
> google-android-*-installer packages, I can say I agree with this.

Yeah, I think your idea is looking like the best way now.

.hc