[Android-tools-devel] android gradle plugins setup

Markus Koschany apo at debian.org
Thu Jul 21 10:23:41 UTC 2016

On 20.07.2016 09:54, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I think we can do it using the same mechanism as gradle's "standard
> plugins":
> https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/standard_plugins.html
>
> Those are the plugins that come with the gradle binary zips.  I imagine
> its just a standard path that we can customize with a patch or some
> other way.

Those plugins are installed to Debian's standard paths in
/usr/share/java/ and /usr/share/maven-repo. (see libgradle-plugins-java)
I don't think there is anything special involved. Projects need to use
the apply command in build.gradle to activate them though.

I suggest we install the Android Gradle Plugin also to
/usr/share/maven-repo and then we could try to build a project the usual
way by using the maven plugin and gradle-debian-helper can handle the rest.