[Android-tools-devel] Fwd: google-android-platform-* packages WAS: android-platform-libcore/6.0.1+r16-1

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Aug 3 09:17:50 UTC 2016

This is looking good!  I think you're pretty close to having the whole
thing automated.  Here's how I'm thinking about the final whole source
package:

* the python scripts and Debian files are embedded in a source package
called google-android-installers

* to update the available binary packages, run the script and it
downloads repository.xml generates all of the debian files needed.

* the source package version could be based on the timestamp in the XML,
near the top there is <!--Generated on 2016-08-02 13:09:37.384736 with
ADRT.-->, that should be easy to convert to UNIX seconds in python, then
we have an int to use as the source package version.

* newly generated files are then committed to git

This source package could then also include all the build-tools
packages, the google-android-sdk-docs-installer and the NDK package.
Then updating this becomes really easy: just run the script, commit the
results, and upload.  Then many binary packages will be updated.

.hc

Mouaad Aallam: