[Android-tools-devel] automating build-tools version

殷啟聰 seamlikok at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 11:59:48 UTC 2016

Hi Hans,

Sorry to pick up this topic after so many days.

I think this is doable. We can install all Build-tools binaries into
/usr/lib/android-sdk/build-tool/debian, and provide the symlink to it
in `android-sdk-build-tools`. Thus we only need to track the
BUILD_TOOLS_VERSION in src:android-sdk-meta and keep all packages
consistent.

But as the result, all programs of Build-tools can't rely on
BUILD_TOOLS_VERSION, but I guess no program relies on that. So far I
can only think of the Gradle plugin who reads the BUILD_TOOLS_VERSION
from the installation path, but I don't see a point if one uses the
Gradle plugin with only a subset of Build-tools installed.

And I don't think libgradle-android-plugin-java, a Java library
package, should depends on anything other than other Java libraries.
But we can put `android-sdk-build-tools` into the Suggests section.

Cheers,
Kai-Chung Yan