[Android-tools-devel] Debian/stretch's adb and fastboot on ARM

Neil Williams codehelp at debian.org
Fri Dec 16 09:03:27 UTC 2016

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 22:26:45 +0100
Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> Hey Neil,
>
> To follow up on https://bugs.debian.org/817823, the new source
> packages for adb and fastboot (android-platform-system-core) are now
> ported to ARM and ARM64.  The old android-tools source package is not
> in stretch, only sid.

Excellent, thank you. Special thanks for doing this in time for stretch
to get the updated builds.

> Are the new adb and fastboot working for you?  Can we remove the old
> android-tools source package entirely now?

Yes, we are using adb and fastboot packages in stretch and sid LXC
containers to automate testing of Android devices. The old source
package could be removed.

Having ARM (particularly arm64) support for adb and fastboot in stretch
is going to be very useful for automation.

--

Neil Williams