[Android-tools-devel] what needs doing for stretch?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Dec 19 19:38:44 UTC 2016

So we're looking good for getting 7.0.0 into stretch!  The
build/platform tools are pretty complete, and the LAVA group (Neil
Williams, etc) are already using our adb/fastboot instead of the old
android-tools package.  In January, we can deal with removing
src:android-tools and migrating users from android-tools-* to our
packages by filing RC bugs.  This will only be changing the packaging,
so I think its appropriate to do after the freeze, given limited time
before the freeze.

I would really love to see android-platform-tools-base v2.2.x and
android-framework-24 in stretch.  I should be able to find some time to
help, but I've never worked on those packages.  Any tips?  Will they be
a lot of work?

With that in place, I can build the first official app release using
only Debian packages: the F-Droid Privileged Extension. Its a perfect
example for building our Debian packages since it is a very
security-sensitive app:
https://gitlab.com/fdroid/privileged-extension/

.hc