[Android-tools-devel] A question about ADB

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Dec 22 23:20:59 UTC 2016

Hey Taylor,

You'll want to use `apt install adb` when available, not
android-tools-adb.  android-tools-adb is going away in stretch.  If you
are on jessie, the 'adb' package does not exist.

android-tools-adb is from the android-tools source package, which was
hacked together from bits and pieces grabbed out of the Android source
tree.  'adb' is part of the whole android-tools suite, which is built as
a whole:

https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=android-tools-devel%40lists.alioth.debian.org

.hc

Taylor Kline: