[Android-tools-devel] what needs doing for stretch?

殷啟聰 seamlikok at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:16:16 UTC 2017

Seems that a newer API platform isn't going into Stretch, now that it
entered full freeze. But we can still backport it to Stretch as well
as other future packages. Does F-Droid's official build server uses
backport?

In order to build apps we still need to package the Support Library.
And I remember that in order to use the latest Support Library, the
app must be compiled against the latest API platform, which means we
still need to package the latest API platform. I don't feel like
maintaining multiple versions of the Support Library. In that case,
does that mean we eventually only need to maintain the latest API
platform? Since the older platforms are not used in the compilation.