[Android-tools-devel] 8.1.0 update

殷啟聰 | Kai-Chung Yan seamlikok at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 08:20:23 UTC 2018

Hello Hans,

Thank you for working on the updating! It is indeed a lot of work, though sadly I'm currently working on bringing up Gradle 4.x (which involves BND). Until after that will I be able to help you in my best. Sorry about that.

Why bringing up BoringSSL again? Does AOSP now reuqires code only in BoringSSL now? I remember last time we tried package it but only to got loads of voices [1] against it from the security team.

About our new concept utilizing Blueprint, maybe we can let the upcoming GSoC students help implement it. This would be a good project. I haven't started experimenting it either. I believe Chirayu is also too busy right now...

About Clang, do we really need to use it? Although we may have no ABI compatibility issues, but I'm not sure if changing the default C/C++ compiler is recommended in a Debian package.

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2016/05/msg00010.html

Hans-Christoph Steiner 於 2018年02月28日 星期三 07:49 下午 寫道: