[Android-tools-devel] adb broken in buster?

Ben Caradoc-Davies ben at transient.nz
Thu May 24 23:56:17 BST 2018

On 25/05/18 09:36, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Hello,
> on a buster system, I have trouble with adb and my Nexus 5X:
> rd at b370:~$ adb shell
> error: insufficient permissions for device: verify udev rules.
> See [http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html] for more information.
> rd at b370:~$
> On the referenced website, I understand that I need to be in group plugdev
> (this is the case).
> rd at b370:~$ groups
> rd adm dialout fax cdrom floppy sudo dip video plugdev users lpadmin scanner
> sispmctl
> rd at b370:~$
> is that a known issue? If yes, any hint is welcome ...
> Thanks
> Rainer

adb works with my Nexus 5X on sid over USB:

$ adb devices -l
List of devices attached
[serial]       device usb:1-9 product:bullhead model:Nexus_5X
device:bullhead
$ adb shell
shell at bullhead:/ $

- Are you connecting over USB?

- What is the output of "adb devices -l"?

- Were you in group plugdev at the time the adb server was started? If
not, please run "adb kill-server" and try again.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben at transient.nz>
Director