[Android-tools-devel] New Android SDK/NDK Rebuilds

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Tue Nov 27 11:12:18 GMT 2018

beuc at beuc.net:
> Hey,
>
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 11:28:19AM +0100, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> I'd really like to see your builds in a sdkmanager repo.  Then fdroid
>> can start using that over the Google ones.  Or really, and app developer
>> who cares about free software could use them then.  We could also set
>> that repo as the default repo used by the Debian Android Tools packages.
>>
>> I have setup an sdkmanager repo before for the fdroid emulator system
>> image, so I can help there.  What do you need to make this happen?
>
> All this sounds very good.
>
> Ideally we'd find a way to build just what we need instead of the
> monolithic SDK releases, but meanwhile we can easily extract and
> recompress the individual directories (platforms, platforms-tools,
> etc.) :)
>
> What is more difficult is identifying and building the other
> components that the SDK manager normally provides.  The Support
> libraries are the first additional components that people need; there
> may be others (e.g. alternate system images) which are of lesser
> priority for F-Droid.

Seamlik and I at this point have a pretty good idea of how to find the
git tags for most of the releases.  That's what we've been using to
determine which git commit we build.  There is some info on the wiki,
but we probably need to update it too:
https://wiki.debian.org/AndroidTools#Android.27s_upstream_version_names

I think building all the support libs would be an awesome place to
start, since I think it'll be easier to find which tags to build, and
won't be so large.

> And some space to publish everything at :)

I'm pretty sure I can provide this space.  How big do you think it'll
have to be?  I think I could dedicate 100GB with static IPv4+IPv6 to
this.  Plus we can allocate a dedicated build VM for this.

.hc

--
PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556