[Android-tools-devel] Current progress

Fluff Rabbit fluffrabbit at aol.com
Sun Jul 7 04:04:35 BST 2019

My mistake; Debian's ARM cross-compilers are GCC-based. They would be my goto for new projects, if that's reasonable.

The NDK includes specific versions of libraries, I'm assuming, making things only compatible in certain slots. Now I'm worried that the ARM cross-compilers may lack essential libs.

On July 6, 2019 1:42:51 PM MDT, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

>Fluff Rabbit via Android-tools-devel:
>> Thanks. It looks interesting.
>>
>> Can I combine that NDK with the Debian Android SDK?
>
>Yes
>
>> What do you mean an app needs to use a specific version of the NDK?
>
>Often times apps require a specific version of the NDK, e.g. r17c
>
>> Can Clang be used instead to cross-compile for Linux ARM (Android) in
>combination with the Debian Android SDK?
>
>Probably?  But you'd be better off using an ARM cross-compiler that's
>in
>Debian.
>
>.hc
>
>> On July 6, 2019 3:16:32 AM MDT, Hans-Christoph Steiner
><hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks!  The NDK doesn't really fit into Debian as a package since
>>> there
>>> are many versions, apps need to use a specific version, and its only
>>> for
>>> Android. If you want a free software NDK, then I recommend following