[Android-tools-devel] Does this thing actually work?

fluffrabbit at aol.com fluffrabbit at aol.com
Thu Jul 25 10:32:11 BST 2019

Thanks Paul.
I tried to reply to your email a couple times, but something crapped out. So uh... Thanks, but it's still not compiling. This is with verbatim copying and pasting from the example gradle file you posted (with email quote formatting fixed of course) and the directory structure you recommended, and all the dependencies I think. Ubuntu 18.04.
* What went wrong:A problem occurred configuring root project 'debian-android-simple'.> Could not resolve all files for configuration ':classpath'.   > Could not find javax.xml.bind:jaxb-api:debian.     Searched in the following locations:         file:/usr/share/maven-repo/javax/xml/bind/jaxb-api/debian/jaxb-api-debian.pom         file:/usr/share/maven-repo/javax/xml/bind/jaxb-api/debian/jaxb-api-debian.jar     Required by:         project : > com.android.tools.build:gradle:debian > com.android.tools.build:gradle-core:debian > com.android.databinding:compilerCommon:debian   > Could not find com.ibm.icu:icu4j:debian.     Searched in the following locations:         file:/usr/share/maven-repo/com/ibm/icu/icu4j/debian/icu4j-debian.pom         file:/usr/share/maven-repo/com/ibm/icu/icu4j/debian/icu4j-debian.jar     Required by:         project : > com.android.tools.build:gradle:debian > com.android.tools.build:gradle-core:debian > com.android.databinding:compilerCommon:debian > org.antlr:antlr4:debian
I am pretty sure I'm not using features fancy enough to be marked with an "X", Java X included. But that's just my naive assumption. :/
Sorry I can't write more coherently. It's been an interesting evening. Code is updated on GitHub to reflect these changes. At least the error output is different from before, so that's something.