[Android-tools-devel] About packaging android-platform-tools and android-platform-system-core

Roger Shimizu rosh at debian.org
Wed Jan 26 17:43:06 GMT 2022

Dear Android Tools Maintainers,

As you may already be aware, I uploaded a few packages to fix ftbfs
issues and hoping to avoid AUTORM being triggered.
Good news is that all ftbfs issues have been resolved.
Bad news is that I found android-platform-tools and
android-platform-system-core cannot co-exist, and we need to align our
decision and inform this to release-team or ftpmaster.

I guess android-platform-tools is newer version, and it's with Android
11 version.
While android-platform-system-core is older, and it's with Android 10 version.

Current problem we have:
- android-platform-system-core built on all major arches, amd64 was
"Uploaded", but failed to be "Installed":
    * https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=android-platform-system-core
- android-platform-tools built well on all major arches:
    * https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=android-platform-tools
    * https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=android-platform-tools&suite=experimental
  But the migration was blocked:
    * https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=android-platform-tools
  And some major arches are not built, such as armhf, arm64, etc:
    * https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=android-platform-tools

I think the actions we need to make is:
- Remove android-platform-system-core from sid and testing since it's
older version.
- Request release-manager to build on all arches, and unblock the
testing migration.

What's your opinion?
Thank you!

Cheers,