[Android-tools-devel] google-android-installers_1653488018_i386.changes REJECTED

Roger Shimizu rosh at debian.org
Fri Jun 3 13:48:06 BST 2022

Dear Thorsten, ftpmaster team,

Thanks for your review!

On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 4:00 AM Thorsten Alteholz
<ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> paragraph 3.4 of the android license does not look like that this software should be part of contrib.
> Please move the package to non-free.

This package is merely a bunch of downloader scripts to let user
download and install Android SDK packages easily.
And "3.4 of the android license" is to describe the license of Android
SDK, not the downloader scripts themselves.

The downloader scripts are still DFSG compatible, so I guess it should
be still safe to be in contrib.

A few examples for such downloader scripts / packages in contrib:
- https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/repo
- https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/torbrowser-launcher

So please kindly re-consider the REJECT decision.
Thanks again!

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo