[Android-tools-devel] packaging aapt

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Nov 4 19:25:27 UTC 2013

This list seems to be the beginning of the place for discussing and
coordinating the packaging of the various Android tools.  I currently am
planning to package aapt, so I'm trying to track down all the existing
packaging work to see what I can build upon. Stefan Handschuh mentioned he's
packaged
all the dependencies, but I can't find them anywhere. Any word on that?

It looks like aapt is in a separate repo from android-tools
(platform/frameworks/base versus platform/system/core), so I don't see a
reason to include it in the same source package.  In fact, that makes me think
that we should be organizing the source packages around the upstream git repos.

Also, I was thinking that the Android packaging should be structured around
the upstream git repos, and I see Stefan Handschuh set up some git repos along
those lines.  I'm thinking that they should be setup with the new
git-buildpackage workflow that incorporates the upstream git history into the
Debian packaging.

.hc