[Android-tools-devel] removing 'android-tools' from Debian after reorg

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Jul 13 01:43:31 UTC 2014

Hey all,

Thanks for doing the first push for getting Android tools into Debian.  I've
been working on adding more of the Android tools and SDK stuff to Debian, and
as part of that, I've reorganized things to make the source-packages directly
based on the upstream git repos:

* http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=android-tools/android-platform-build.git
*
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=android-tools/android-platform-frameworks-native.git

*
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=android-tools/android-platform-system-core.git

Once this is all included in Debian, then all of the stuff built by the
current 'android-tools' package will be provided by those packages above.
Therefor I'd like to ask permission to remove 'android-tools' from Debian once
all of this stuff is included.

I also welcome feedback, contributions, flames, etc. about my approach here.

.hc