[Android-tools-devel] Packages in NEW, copyright files

Bernhard Reiter ockham at raz.or.at
Wed Aug 27 13:43:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've enthusiastically noticed that the team has produced a couple of
packages which are already in the NEW queue.
Then again, I've noticed that they've been there for about a month
already and wondered why that is?

Once those packages are in Debian, will they be sufficient to start
Android development (for JB/KK?) right away, or is still anything
missing (like an Eclipse plugin)? Are there any docs on how to set up an
Android dev environment on Debian using those packages?

On another note, I had a quick glance at some of the d/copyright files,
and I think the names of the licenses there should be more streamlined
with [1], e.g.

Apache 2.0 -> Apache-2.0 [or, equivalently, Apache-2]
BSD (2 clause) -> BSD-2-clause [same for 3 clause]
Todd C. Miller -> ISC [I think]

Bernhard

[1]
https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/#license-specification