[Android-tools-devel] Packages in NEW, copyright files

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Sep 18 19:52:52 UTC 2014

Hey Bernhard,

Thanks for your note, sorry for the slow response, I was traveling.  It is my
intention to get all of these packages included in jessie, so your help is
most appreciated.  I just included your patch to
android-platform-frameworks-native and am in the process of re-uploading.

About the other fixes you mention, how about you join the android-tools team
and commit directly?

As for whether this is a complete development environment environment,
unfortunately there is still quite a bit of work left to do.  My goal was to
get the tools needed for managing FDroid app repos with the fdroidserver
package into Debian.  I won't have time to work on getting the rest into
jessie, but I'm happy to help where I can.

The big one is android-platform-frameworks-base, that one will have to managed
differently than the others since the git repo is so massive (> 1GB).  With
the others, I have made the repos include the upstream git.  That makes it
really easy to manage making source tarballs since Google does not do that.

The other big open question is which tags or branches to use?  I have not been
able to figure out which tags/branches match Google's SDK releases.  There are
so many overlapping version schemes.

.hc