[Android-tools-devel] Help getting started

殷啟聰 seamlikok at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 10:25:36 UTC 2015

Hi Murphy,

I am a member of Android Tools Team and a Google Summer of Code student
this year, let me explain the Android tools in Debian for you.

Currently I still recommend you download Android SDK from Google and use it
because the there are so far only a little part of the SDK are in Debian,
most of which are outdated.

However, I and my colleague Komal Sukhani are working very hard to bring
the entire Android SDK into Debian during this summer, which is our GSoC
project this year. So far we have updated Gradle to 1.12 and Groovy to the
latest version, and there will be more to come soon because both of us have
finished all semester exams.

Cheers,
Kai-Chung Yan

James Murphy <james.murphy.debian at gmail.com> 於 2015年6月28日週日 上午8:33寫道:

> I want to write android apps on debian. Many hours of searching later,
> countless tutorials have failed me. From what I gather, the
> android-tools team is trying to make android app development (and other
> android related tasks) easy to do on a debian machine.
>
> Could someone explain to me how to get started? From a fresh sid 64-bit
> system, what steps do I need to take to write android hello world and
> run in on an emulator?

殷啟聰 | Kai-Chung Yan
一生只向真理與妻子低頭
Full-time student of Providence University of Taiwan
LinkedIn: <https://linkedin.com/in/seamlik>
Blog: <seamlik.logdown.com>