[Android-tools-devel] struggeling with fastboot

Ronald Niederhagen ronald_niederhagen at freenet.de
Tue Sep 29 07:35:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

I hope it's not inappropriate to contact this email alias. If it is,
then please point me the right direction.

I'm struggling with fastboot on Debian8 AMD64.

Simple commands like "fastboot reboot" work as expected. But a flash
command fails:

root at debian-rn1# fastboot flash recovery 407recov.img
sending 'recovery' (3660 KB)...
FAILED (command write failed (Bad file descriptor))
finished. total time: 0.000s
root at debian-rn1# file 407recov.img
407recov.img: Android bootimg, kernel (0x20008000), ramdisk
(0x21000000), page size: 2048, cmdline (androidboot.hardware=streak)

Is there a way to debug what happens between the phone and the host
computer? adb works as expected but I don't find any log files from the
(last) fastboot session.

Any help is greatly appreciated! BTW: I've been using an old fastboot
installation on WinXP many times with different Dell Streak5's . No
issue at all, but I'd like to retire my XP installation.

Cheers,
Ronald Niederhagen