[Android-tools-devel] android-platform-build

殷啟聰 seamlikok at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 16:27:07 UTC 2015

Hi Hans,

Apologies for the late reply.

libhost seems to be not used by any Android projects so far, so I
removed it. However I am not sure if Google has abandoned this
library.

As far As I know, zopfli maintainer Laszlo Boszormenyi has not replied
to my patch, so libzopfli-dev is still unavailable in Debian.
android-platform-build is actually ready provided that zopfli is
updated, but as long as it is not, the Build-Depends won't be
satisfied. So the package is not ready for upload yet.

The patch can be viewed at <https://bugs.debian.org/794232>

I do not know about the discussion of zopfli dependency, but removing
it will definitely lead to the loss of zopfli support, so I think
zopfli is anyway necessary.

Regards,
Kai-Chung Yan

--