[Aptitude-devel] String freeze for aptitude?

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Sat Apr 12 16:50:45 UTC 2008

Quoting Daniel Burrows (dburrows at debian.org):
>   I think that I've got all the changes into aptitude that I wanted to
> get by Lenny.  I know the translators have some catching up to do, so
> I'll try to restrain myself from fixing any more bugs or adding features
> until that's caught up.  Hopefully we can get a .3 uploaded with
> complete translations before the base freeze.

Sounds very fair. Thanks for the proposal (I usually have to propose
this myself so that's much appreciated).

I think that Jens can even send a call for translations updates and
new translation for the very courageous translators (either those who
didn't follow the development and now have dozens of strings to
update....or new ones

Fomr what I see, translators who had a complete translation for etch
and never updated it since then have....104 fuzzy and 136 untranslated
strings. A fairly big work, indeed.