[Aptitude-devel] [aptitude-gtk] errors

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Fri Dec 19 17:05:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 01:37:25PM +0100, Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com> was heard to say:
> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> > Thanks for your reply. I think you're right. I did this
> > http://dev.graffit.net/aptitude/trac ...
> >

> How should I install and run it?

  Well, I personally would install xstow, then run
"make prefix=/usr/local/stow/aptitude install &&
 (cd /usr/local/stow && xstow aptitude)", but do whatever you want;
"make install" will put everything where it should be.  If you want
to install in your home directory for some reason, pass --prefix to
"configure", etc -- it's all the usual drill.

  You could also try downloading the .debs and installing them, but you
probably need a newer libept (the version in unstable) for that and
while I don't think there would be any problem with installing that,
I'm not 100% sure about it since I haven't tried myself.

> Will there also be a graphical update notifier/manager for aptitude?
> Would be great imho...

  Ummm, the idea with the GTK+ aptitude is that it *is* a graphical
package manager; you can use it to install new packages, check for
updates, and install updates.