[Aptitude-devel] Several i18n patches and updated German translation

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Sat Feb 23 19:08:13 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 07:10:45AM -0800, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   Whoops, I didn't see that part of your first patch.  Anyway, after
> discussing this with Christian, I've decided to back off for now on
> trying to translate search term names, so those translations no longer
> exist at all.

Right, I agree.

Daniel, I have another trivial patch for you :-)
In Makefile.am you assume the build is started from the top level of
aptitudes source. I normally work in debug/ or release/ build
directories using automake's VPATH feature:

# uncomment the configure call in autogen.sh (HINT: remove it!?)
./autogen.sh
mkdir debug
cd debug
../configure
make
make install

Nevertheless this doesn't install help-de.txt because of a missing
$(srcdir) in Makefile.am. I added it and suggest you build from a
separate build directory as well.

During updating help-de.txt I also replaces all tabs in help.txt by
spaces and added a missing word (use diff -b help.txt to find it).

So again only some trivial updates but it brings the German translation
back to 100% and I also found a co-worker for the huge manual.

Jens