[Aptitude-devel] APT::Authentication and local sources

Sébastien NOBILI sebnewsletter at free.fr
Tue Mar 11 15:42:53 UTC 2008

Le mardi 11 mars 08 à  7:36, Daniel Burrows a écrit :
|   There doesn't appear to be an equivalent for local sources.  One
| could be written in about 5 minutes if you convince the apt development
| team it should exist, but I don't know if there are security issues I'm
| not thinking of that led them to leave it out.
|
|   The closest open bug I see is #316274, which sounds similar but would
| be trickier to implement (or so I suspect).

Thanks for the time you spent searching in the bug reports.
I'll have a look to the code and try to write a patch before filling a
bug report.

[...]

|   This isn't the right place; it's a development list for one of the
| front-ends to apt.  You should ask on debian-user at lists.debian.org or
| on deity at lists.debian.org, or file a wishlist bug on apt (which will be
| sent to deity@).

I've searched for « apt » in the lists index, so I didn't find deity...

|   You could create your own signing key and use "apt-key add" to add it
| to the trusted set.  There are instructions on signing an archive in
| apt-secure(8).  That would make the errors go away without you having to
| wait for the apt team to get around to looking at this.

I've already thought about it, but I would need to modify the ISO
images, which I do not want (I want to keep my ISOs as provided by the
Debian project).

Thanks for your help, sorry for the noise.

|   Daniel

Seb