[Aptitude-devel] Preparing a new aptitude release.
dburrows at debian.org
Wed Mar 12 06:24:48 UTC 2008
I've got enough bug-fixes and new features into the aptitude source
tree that I think it's time for a new release. This includes:
* Use the same configuration option as apt to disable Recommends,
so --without-recommends works again. (#448561)
* Make "update" work even if there's a problem in the local package
* Fix "safe-upgrade" in some cases where you would have to run it
twice in a row to get all the upgrades.
* Eliminate some cases where aptitude would break holds and forbids
(I need an ABI-changing patch against apt to fix the rest).
* Get the codebase compiling with g++-4.3.
* Fix "aptitude show" to not reverse the "automatically installed" flag.
* Support for the centralized debtags infrastructure
(makes startup quicker by dropping the "loading tags..." step)
* Support for multi-level package descriptions from Paul Donohue,
which incidentally removes the hardcoding of the standard list
of descriptions (hopefully this will make life easier for
maintainers in derived distributions).
I know the installer team is preparing a release, so I won't upload
just yet. Will I disrupt anyone if I release after the installer beta
More information about the Aptitude-devel