[Aptitude-devel] Inconsistent help message

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Sat Mar 29 18:23:10 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 08:57:08AM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 08:56:11PM +0100, Jens Seidel <jensseidel at users.sf.net> was heard to say:
> > On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 06:44:20PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > > Please CC me as i'm not subscribed to aptitude-devel...
> > >
> > > Quoting Jens Seidel (jensseidel at users.sf.net):

> > > I would prefer using this occasion to ask Daniel (and you, Jens) if he
> > > would be OK to grant you commit access on the "head" Mercurial
> > > repository.
> >
> > > So, I'm actually tempted to slightly step back as "l10n main
> > > committer" for aptitude and leave that task, *if he agrees* to Jens.
> >
> > Thanks Christian! If Daniel agrees I would like to do the job. I don't
> > have much time but on the other side I'm also not so active as you in
> > many other Debian projects. I would also use this to improve
> > coordination of German documentation translation which recently got a
> > further helping hand ...
>
>   Sure, but I can't find you in the list of alioth accounts.  What's
> your username?

It's jseidel-guest. But do I need to be added to the project? I first
thought "yes of course" as it is required for non distributed systems
such as CVS or Subversion. But isn't Mercurial a distributed system?
To be honest I do not have much experience with distributed systems
(but will learn it quicklywithout doing any harm) since I work mostly
with svn nevertheless I would prefer not to make a own repository
available :-)

PS: Thanks for CC:ing me. I'm not subscribed yet but will change this
soon.

Jens