[Aptitude-devel] bash completion

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Sat May 31 16:44:21 UTC 2008

Hi,

for some time I was asking myself, why "upgrade" and "dist-upgrade" are replaced
by "safe-upgrade" and "full-upgrade" in the application but not in the bash completion.
Is there a reason why this is not done? I mean, replacing "upgrade" and "dist-upgrade"
is a bit early, but "safe-upgrade" and "full-upgrade" could be added safely, no?

Another thing is the following rule

if [[ -n "$special" ]]; then
    case $special in
        @(install|hold|markauto|unmarkauto|dist-upgrade|download|show|changelog))
            COMPREPLY=( $( apt-cache pkgnames $cur 2> /dev/null ) )

Should package names be completed after "dist-upgrade"?

regards