[Aptitude-devel] Opinions about the GTK version of aptitude
Nelson A. de Oliveira
naoliv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 15:59:01 UTC 2008
(CC me, please, as I am not subscribed on this list)
I don't know what is the exact purpose of the GTK version (if it's a
complete graphical replacement for aptitude or just an easier thing to
use), but being an ncurses aptitude user I have some suggestions:
- option to not download the changelogs;
- split in sections (like the ncurses version):
- display new packages
- display installed packages
- not installed packages
- obsolete and local packages
- virtual packages
- minesweeper displays nothing (no window or tab is open):
sh: /usr/games/gnomine: not found
If you split aptitude into aptitude and aptitude-gtk, a suggests on
gnome-games will be needed (as I think that recommends is too strong).
It's also good to display a message saying that it could not open the
- "About" displays nothing (no window or tab is open)
I get a lot of messages on the terminal:
(aptitude:21113): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to
error parsing markup: Error on line 6 char 56: Odd character '@',
expected a '>' or '/' character to end the start tag of element 'faw',
or optionally an attribute; perhaps you used an invalid character in an
- include "--no-gui" when using "aptitude --help"
- while you distribute aptitude as it is now, document in NEWS.Debian
that by calling "aptitude" you will get the graphical version now and
not the ncurses one.
- option to use experimental branch (for example, on the command line I
can call "aptitude -t experimental", but it would be nice to
graphically select the distribution that I want to use).
At least for a first look, I could see these things that could be
improved (for me).
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/aptitude-devel/attachments/20081112/f530f2db/attachment.pgp
More information about the Aptitude-devel