[Aptitude-devel] Plans for aptitude 0.5.0 - 0.6.0.

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Thu Oct 30 14:05:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 09:29:50AM -0700, Daniel Burrows <dburrows at debian.org> was heard to say:
> >     * Package information.
> >
> >       + Already implemented: support for displaying changelogs.
> >
> >       + For 0.5.0: changelog downloads should happen in the background.
>
>   This works, except that I broke the part where we actually display
> them.  It should just be a matter of a little debugging to track down
> what's happening here.

  Eh, it works a lot better when I install libparse-debianchangelog-perl.
Probably we really should detect this situation and print an explanation
instead of a changelog (ideally with a button to install the package, if
the user is root).

  Right now I'm working on caching already-downloaded changelogs.