[Aptitude-devel] Welcoming Arthur Liu and Noritada Kobayashi to the Alioth project; and, GTK+ code in post-lenny.

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Tue Sep 2 05:19:21 UTC 2008

Quoting Daniel Burrows (dburrows at debian.org):

>   On a related note, I've started the process of merging Arthur's work
> into the main aptitude repository.  We had some confusion in his
> repository regarding Mercurial branches (we used them; it turned out to
> cause more trouble than it solved), so I used the "transplant" plugin
> to strip branch information.  This also means that some of the merge
> history will be lost, but the commit history will (should) be preserved.
>
>   I've made the new repository available as post-lenny-merge alongside
> the others.  If it looks OK to everyone else, we can pull all its
> patches into the current post-lenny repository.
>
>     http://hg.debian.org/hg/aptitude/post-lenny  (anonymous)
>     ssh://hg.debian.org//hg/aptitude/post-lenny  (authenticated)

Can you confirm what is the right repository to work on lenny version
(mostly for l10n)?

I currently list "hg clone http://hg.debian.org/hg/aptitude/head
aptitude" as "the" command to run for translators to get access to the
l10n material for aptitude. Is that correct ?

(this is in D-I l10n documentation. Though aptitude is not part of
D-I, it is "traditionnally" listed as part of D-I "level 5" files,
along with apt, dpkg and such other "important" stuff in Debian.

Is the GTK+ interface internationalized or is it just using the
strings from aptitude?