[Aptitude-devel] New upload of aptitude translations

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Sat Sep 6 05:29:05 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 06:21:13AM -0700, Daniel Burrows <dburrows at debian.org> was heard to say:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 12:47:46PM +0200, Jens Seidel <jensseidel at users.sf.net> was heard to say:
> > I'm very sorry but I noticed today that I forgot to add some
> > translations (dz (Dzongkha), ne (Nepali), th (Thai), uk (Ukrainian)) to
> > configure.ac. That's why "make update-po" didn't updated these po files.
> > 
> > Today I recieved a translation update for uk based on the
> > incomplete PO file I sent the author. I sent him a new file but it is
> > unlikely that it will be completed today.
> > 
> > Since my 6 week long holidays will start tomorrow I would also like to
> > work on the German translation of the documentation the next time.
> > 
> > Daniel, is it OK to delay the upload a little bit longer or to perform
> > another upload in, let's say, 2 or 3 weeks?
>   If we're just changing translations, I think it should be no problem
> to upload additional versions.

  I take that back.

  I just noticed that the previous version of aptitude hadn't been moved
to lenny, despite an RM unblocking it.

     * trying to update aptitude from to (candidate is
       33 days old)
     * aptitude is waiting for libept

          * libept is waiting for libwibble

               * libwibble is in freeze; contact debian-release if update is

          * libept is in freeze; contact debian-release if update is needed

  Looks like there won't be any more updates of aptitude in testing.
I really wish there was a way at getting Enrico's debtags / Xapian
indices without having to depend on libept and libwibble -- those things
are huge headaches to have as dependencies. :-(


More information about the Aptitude-devel mailing list