[Aptitude-devel] GTK+ missing preview information

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Mon Jan 5 01:33:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 07:49:37PM +0100, Luca Bruno <lethalman88 at gmail.com> was heard to say:
> Hello,
> I've tried to purge some packages and I've found these information to be
> missing right after marking packages for being purged:
> 1) Near the "green ball" cell of the row (which says the package is installed)
> there's no purge icon

  This seems to be caused by the fact that post_process_model is no
longer called.  The culprit, according to "hg bisect", is this
changeset:

changeset:   2268:e10d548c8595
user:        Luca Bruno <lethalman88 at gmail.com>
date:        Fri Dec 26 13:25:03 2008 +0100
summary:     Use EditColumns column itself as Expander column.

  While this patch does in fact have the effect of making the Expander
column be EditColumns, it also stops calling post_process_model for no
obvious reason.  Perhaps the reason will become obvious as I look at
it more, but whatever problem was being solved there needs to be solved
in another way that doesn't break the program.

  This is my fault -- I normally review patches before I OK them, but I
was busy with my vacation and just gave it a cursory glance (and the
idea was so good that I forgot to check the implementation, assuming it
was trivial).  I'll go over your recent code patches and make sure
they're all up to snuff; if I was sloppy on this one I was probably
sloppy on others.  And I have another 4 hours on this plane anyway...