[Aptitude-devel] Resolver news (it's good)

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Mon Jul 6 15:47:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 10:19:40PM -0700, Daniel Burrows <dburrows at debian.org> was heard to say:
> daniel at emurlahn:~/programming/aptitude/head$ time ./src/aptitude -sy safe-upgrade
> (...)
> real	0m4.141s
> user	0m3.944s
> sys	0m0.152s
> daniel at emurlahn:~/programming/aptitude/head$

  Here's the problem with running tests late at night: I was running
on the wrong data set.  *hangs head in shame*  The actual runtime is
around 16 seconds (down from 20-22), which means there's still room
for improvement.

  The memory usage is around 350 MB (up from around 100MB, although I
don't have a handy exact profile of how much memory aptitude was using
previously).  So that does need to be looked at.