[Aptitude-devel] Resolver update

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Tue Jun 16 16:17:59 UTC 2009

  Last night, I wrote code to use the full promotion set all the time
and optimized that path a bit (there was a very simple change that
eliminated 60% of the run-time of the program).  I'm going to look at
the queuing and hybrid approaches this evening (I have some prototype
code but it's too buggy to test).  My guess is that the hybrid approach
will be a significant win, since for many of the steps in a typical
search, only a handful of promotions will be emitted between when the
step is enqueued and when it's examined.