[Aptitude-devel] PO compile problem

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Fri Jun 26 07:34:23 UTC 2009

Hi Omar,

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:54:27PM +0200, Omar Campagne wrote:
> I was building es.po and when I get to xsltproc -o
> output-html/ ../aptitude-html.xsl aptitude.xml I would get syntax
> errors, after correcting them all, I only get error like
> aptitude.xml:3630: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch:quote
> line 3625 and para
> 	</para>
>
> which refers to lines in the headers of the strings such as

> I don't get the what's the problem since I haven't touched those lines.
> Any help?

yep, the line numbers refer to errors in the generated file aptitude.xml not
to doc/po4a/po/es.po. I'm sure this is your problem.

I solved it by just searching for the corresponding text in the PO file and
my commit of your translation update contains this already. See the attached
patch for details.

> I'm pretty unfamiliar with this things.

It's obvious now, isn't it?

I think it is nevertheless possible that you get errors in strings you never
touched because of other changes. Consider e.g. a crossreference ("see
chapter <BLA>") where you forget to add the correct (untranslated) label
(id="...") in the corresponding chapter. Now you will probably get errors
everywhere where you refer to it.

Jens